I know not everyone loves cauliflower, my husband is one of these people. However when I make it certain ways, my husband loves it. He really loves when I make cauliflower “mashed potatoes”. Today I wanted to share a delicious, simpple & healthy roasted cauliflower and leek soup.
1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
3 leeks sliced white part only
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 whole garlic cloves
2 minced garlic cloves
1 shallot chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup cashews soaked for 1 hour
salt & pepper
2 tablespoons truffle oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place cauliflower florets, sliced leeks (set aside some leaks for garnish) and whole garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper and toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place in oven for approximately 20-30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
3. Garnish: While cauliflower is baking, add 1 tablespoons olive oil to skillet, next add the 2 minced garlic cloves, shallots and leeks to pan and cook until leeks and shallots are tender. Set aside.
4. When cauliflower florets (set aside a few florets for garnish) and leeks are finished baking, add to a high speed blender with cashews, vegetable stock. Blend until you get the consistency you like.
5. You can add the blended soup to a sauce pan to reheat if needed. Just before serving, place a few solid cauiflower fortes on top of soup with the sautéed leeks & shallots. Last drizzle truffle oil on top of entire dish and serve.